All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the most comprehensive guide to material selection & installation. It takes a wise choice of building materials and details to create durable, attractive, and affordable custom homes and remodeling projects. Best Practices Guide to Residential Construction provides up-to-date, field-tested recommendations that help professionals balance cost and performance when designing and building residential projects. Steven Bliss, former editorial director of The Journal of Light Construction and founding editor of Progressive Builder , draws on his extensive kwledge as a practicing builder, designer, and construction editor to help building professionals select the right materials for every job and install them with confidence. This one-stop resource covers the real-world challenges of material selection and installation so designers, contractors, and building owners can make informed decisions for all major building components. Useful to architects, designers, and specifiers - as well as contractors, builders, and developers - Best Practices Guide to Residential Construction features: more than 200 photos and illustrations of critical residential construction details; installation tips and cautions that help prevent costly product failures; descriptions of the latest composites and synthetics that are changing the way we build; easy-to-use charts for making quick product comparisons; and, an authoritative guide to indoor air quality and healthy house construction.
- Author BiographySTEVEN BLISS served as editorial director of The Journal of Light Construction for more than sixteen years and construction technology editor of Progressive Builder and Solar Age magazines. He worked in the building trades as a carpenter and design/build contractor for more than ten years and holds a masters degree from the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- Author(s)Steve Bliss
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/12/2005
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1150 g
- Width218 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.