All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together prominent scholars, this book shows how 21st-century research and theory can inform everyday instructional practices in early childhood classrooms (PreK-3). Coverage includes foundational topics such as alphabet learning, phological awareness, oral language development, and learning to write, as well as cutting-edge topics such as digital literacy, informational texts, and response to intervention. Every chapter features guiding questions; an overview of ideas and findings on the topic at hand; specific suggestions for improving instruction, assessment, and/or the classroom environment; and an engrossing example of the practices in action.
- Author BiographyDiane M. Barone, EdD, is Foundation Professor of Literacy Studies at the University of Nevada, Reno. Her research focuses on young children's literacy development and instruction in high-poverty schools. Dr. Barone served as the editor of Reading Research Quarterly and was a board member of the International Reading Association and the National Reading Conference. She is coeditor of The Reading Teacher with Marla H. Mallette. Marla H. Mallette, PhD, is Associate Professor of Literacy Education at Binghamton University. Her research interests include literacy instruction and learning with students of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and early literacy. She is also interested in literacy research methodologies and has used various methodologies in her own work. Dr. Mallette is coeditor of The Reading Teacher with Diane M. Barone.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication21/10/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight642 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDiane M. Barone,Marla H. Mallette
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.