All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis indispensable classroom resource and course text has inspired thousands of teachers to help their students become better readers and writers. The new edition addresses evidence-based best practices in the light of emerging research and national policy, actively tying classroom-based research, invation, and instruction to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Practical suggestions and case studies empower PreK-8 teachers to support the needs of all their students while meeting Common Core goals. Each chapter includes concrete examples, Engagement Activities, and resources for further learning. New to This Edition: * Connects best practices with the requirements of the CCSS. * Incorporates the latest research findings and instructional practices. * Chapters on comprehending informational text, dual-language learners, and new literacies. * Expanded topics include motivation, close reading, and text complexity.
- Author BiographyLinda B. Gambrell, PhD, is Distinguished Professor in the Eugene T. Moore School of Education at Clemson University. Her major research interests are in the areas of reading comprehension, literacy motivation, and the role of discussion in teaching and learning. She has published numerous books and articles on reading instruction, comprehension strategy instruction, and literacy motivation. She is a recipient of the Outstanding Teacher Educator in Reading Award from the International Literacy Association (ILA), the Albert J. Kingston Award from the Literacy Research Association (LRA), the Laureate Award from the Association of Literacy Educators and Researchers (ALER), and most recently, the Oscar S. Causey Award from LRA. She is past president of the IRA, LRA, and ALER and a member of the Reading Hall of Fame. Lesley Mandel Morrow, PhD, is Distinguished Professor of Literacy and Director of the Center for Literacy Development at the Graduate School of Education at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. Her research, which she conducts with children and families from diverse backgrounds, deals with early literacy development and the organization and management of language arts programs and literacy rich environments. Dr. Morrow has published more than 300 journal articles, chapters, and books. Her work has been recognized with awards including the Outstanding Teacher Educator in Reading Award and the William S. Gray Citation of Merit, both from the IRA, and the Oscar S. Causey Award from the LRA for outstanding contributions to reading research. Dr. Morrow is past president of the IRA and is a member and past president of the Reading Hall of Fame.
- Author(s)Lesley Mandel Morrow
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication22/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight826 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byLesley Mandel Morrow,Linda B. Gambrell
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.