All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second volume of Jean-Pierre Filiu and David B.'s acclaimed history of US-Middle East relations documents a period of dramatic conflict and change, beginning in the 1950s and ending with the Lebanese War of 1982. The Blitzkrieg of the Six-Day War saw the Jewish state triple in size. In less than a week, the Middle East was transformed: Israel had taken the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt, the West Bank from Jordan and the Golan Heights from Syria. It was a conflict that began an era of U.S.-led intervention in the Middle East, which continued in the lead-up to the Iranian Revolution of 1979. The demise of the Shah, and the ascent of Ayatollah Khomeini, stoked anti-American sentiment in the country, and the U.S. became kwn as The Great Satan . When Soviet troops invaded Afghanistan, the CIA began a proxy war by supporting anti-soviet Muslim forces, among them a young Saudi, Osama Bin Laden. Best of Enemies, Vol. 2 is a perceptive and authoritative account of a turbulent historical period. Intelligent, accessible and beautifully drawn, it brings to life a period of history that is of great relevance to international relations today.
- Author BiographyJean-Pierre Filiu is a world-renowned expert on the Middle East and the author of Mitterrand and Palestine, The Apocalypse in Islam, The Boundaries of Islam, and The Nine Lives of Al Qaeda. He is Professor of Middle East Studies at Sciences Po, Paris School of International Affairs, and a regular guest lecturer at Harvard and MIT. David B. is a founding member of the independent publisher L'Association and one of the world's most revered graphic novelists. His bestselling autobiographical work Epileptic is considered a masterpiece of the comics medium. His books have won Eisner and Ignatz awards, as well as major prizes at Angouleme.
- Author(s)Jean-Pierre Filiu
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Series TitleBest of Enemies
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- Content NoteB&W
- Weight499 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)David B.
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.