All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKwn for meticulously researched and brilliantly detailed accounts of horrific true crime legends, Harold Schechter takes readers inside the very heart and mind of true evil. As an infant, Earle Leonard Nelson possessed the power to unsettle his elders. As a child he was unnaturally obsessed with the Bible; before he reached puberty, he had an insatiable, aberrant sex drive. By his teens, even Earle's own family had reason to fear him. But one in the bone-chilling winter of 1926 could have predicted his degeneracy would erupt into a sixteen-month frenzy of savage rape, barbaric murder, and unimaginable defilement - deeds that would become hallmarks of one of the most torious fiends of the Twentieth century, whose blood-lust would t be equaled until the likes of Henry Lee Lucas, John Wayne Gacy, and Jeffrey Dahmer.
- Author BiographyHarold Schechter is Professor at Queen's College, The City University of New York. Renowned for his true-crime writing, he is the author of five non-fiction books: BESTIAL, DEVIANT, DERANGED, DEPRAVED and THE A TO Z ENCYCLOPEDIA OF SERIAL KILLERS.
- Author(s)Harold Schechter
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication04/01/2000
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPocket Books
- Content Note+ 8 pg b-w insert
- Weight303 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.