All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book uses eleven well-kwn carols that appear in Embrace the Middle East's Bethlehem Carol Sheet to explore many different aspects of the Christmas message. It includes ideas to create an imaginative carol service, designed to draw in those attending and to provide a truly memorable act of worship. Linked to the work of Embrace the Middle East's partners, the resource is packed with interesting facts about the carols, extended Bible references and a wealth of all-age, practical, theme-based ideas for creative storytelling, poetry, prayers, drama and worship. The book is structured using a flexible pick-and-mix formula, designed to assist people at all levels of experience with the planning of a carol service. A special section for those under the age of five is also included, making the material suitable for toddler groups, preschool playgroups and pram services. Away in a manger Once in royal David's city God rest you merry, gentlemen Silent night Good King Wenceslas The first Nowell Hark! the herald-angels sing We three kings O come, all ye faithful While shepherds watched O little town of Bethlehem The material has been co-written by the Barnabas Children's Ministry Team and Embrace the Middle East to highlight the charity's work, which is celebrated by many who use the Bethlehem Carol Sheet. For further information about Embrace the Middle East, please visit www.embraceme.org.
- Author BiographyLucy Moore is the founder of Messy Church, a rapidly-growing ministry that is now in over 20 countries worldwide. She is responsible for developing the work of Messy Church nationally and internationally-writing, speaking, reflecting and developing Messy projects. Before working full-time with Messy Church, Lucy was a member of BRF's Barnabas children's ministry team, offering training for those wanting to bring the Bible to life for children in churches and schools across the UK, and using drama and storytelling to explore the Bible with children herself. Her books include titles in the Messy Church series, as well as AllAge Worship, Colourful Creation, Bethlehem Carols Unpacked, The Lord's Prayer Unplugged and The Gospels Unplugged. She also presents Messy Church: the DVD. A secondary-school teacher by training, she enjoys acting, walking Minnie the dog, marvelling at the alien world of her two teenage children and guiltily watching unimproving television programmes. She is a Lay Canon of Portsmouth Cathedral. Martyn Payne is BRF's Messy Church researcher. His role is to visit Messy Churches up and down the UK, listening to the stories of how Messy Church is developing, networking good practice and bringing encouragement. He has a background in Bible storytelling and leading all-age worship and is passionate about the blessing that comes when generations explore faith together. Martyn, who is a qualified teacher, has worked with BRF for over twelve years contributing to training and resources and leading Barnabas RE days; prior to this he worked with the Church Mission Society as its national children's work coordinator. His books include A-cross the World (2004), Footsteps to the Feast (2007), Where in the World? (2012), The Big Story (2011), Creative Ways to tell a Bible Story (2013) and The Barnabas Family Bible (2014). Embrace the Middle East is a charity that aims to improve the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged people in the Middle East.
- Author(s)BibleLands,Embrace the Middle East,Martyn Payne,Mrs Lucy Moore
- PublisherBRF (The Bible Reading Fellowship)
- Date of Publication21/09/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBarnabas for Children
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edition Statement2nd New edition
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.35
- AU $43.23Trending at AU $43.98
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.