All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'How much filth is there in the Church, even among those who, in the priesthood, should belong entirely to God.' Pope Benedict XVI's lament at a Good Friday Mass in 2005 Over recent decades, a sex abuse scandal has engulfed the worldwide Catholic Church. Today, there remains a view that, amid the global furore, there were relatively few cases in England and that the Catholic Church here rapidly put its house in order. Richard Scorer begs to differ. The patterns of abuse, denial, institutional complicity and cover-up that defined the scandal in Ireland, the USA and elsewhere have been present here too: they have been remarkably consistent throughout the Catholic Church in every part of the world. This compelling book, from an expert in the field, is both a devastating expose of past misdeeds and a vital call to arms in the fight to ensure that the sins of the Fathers are t visited on a new generation
- Author BiographyRichard Scorer is a Principal Lawyer in Slater & Gordon in Manchester and is widely reputed for his work on child abuse and human rights issues. Having worked on many landmark cases, he was described by the Independent on Sunday as 'one of Britain's leading specialists in child abuse litigation' and is rated as a Band 1 'Leader in the Field' in serious injury law by Chambers Legal Guide. Since 1996 Richard has represented hundreds of child abuse victims in cases against local authorities, schools and religious organisations. He dealt with the cases involving Father Michael Hill which, in 2001, led directly to sweeping reforms of child protection policy in the Catholic Church. Before entering the legal profession Richard studied modern history at Edinburgh University and the University in the City as an investment analyst. Outside work he serves as a Labour councillor and a board member of several social enterprises. Married with two children, Richard lives in West Yorkshire.
- Author(s)Richard Scorer
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBiteback Publishing
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.