All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionTeams play like they practice. Even in ideal circumstances time for practice is limited. Coaches need to make the most of available practice time. Better Basketball Practices contains valuable information in the areas of: * Overriding Purpose * Planning for optimum learning during practice * Planning to plan practice * Setting the tone for practice * Creating organized, efficient and productive practices * Building intensity in practice * Planning for special situations * Planning for late season practice * Ideas about quality practices * Common coaching mistakes in planning practice Includes 34 simple drills designed to teach essential fundamentals of the game. Complete with 74 diagrams and descriptions of each drill and possible variations. Learn from a veteran head coach with over 460 career varsity wins and 8 Coach of the Year awards. Build a better team and a better basketball program by planning, organizing and conducting better basketball practices.
- Author BiographyAbout the author: A 24 year veteran of the coaching profession, with twenty-two of those years spent as a varsity head coach, Coach Kevin Sivils amassed 464 wins and his teams earned berths in the state play-offs 19 out of 22 seasons with his teams advancing to the state semi-finals three times. An eight time Coach of the Year Award winner, Coach Sivils has traveled as far as the Central African Republic to conduct coaching clinics. Coach Sivils first coaching stint was as an assistant coach for his college alma mater, Greenville College, located in Greenville, Illinois. Coach Sivils holds a BA with a major in physical education and a minor in social studies from Greenville College and an MS in Kinesiology with a specialization in Sport Psychology from Louisiana State University. He also holds a Sport Management certification from the United States Sports Academy. In addition to being a basketball coach, Coach Sivils is a classroom instructor and has taught U.S. Government, U.S. History, the History of WW II, and Physical Education. He has served as an Athletic Director and Assistant Athletic Director over the years of his career and has also been involved in numerous professional athletic organizations. Sivils is married to the former Lisa Green of Jackson, Michigan, and the happy couple are the proud parents of three children, Danny, Katie, and Emily. Rounding out the Sivils family are three dogs, Angel, Berkeley, and Al. A native of Louisiana, Coach Sivils currently resides in the Great State of Texas.
- Author(s)Kevin Sivils
- Date of Publication26/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.