Better Brain Book: The Best Tools for Improving Memory and Sharpness, and Preventing Aging of the Brain by Carol Colman, David Pearlmutter (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLoss of memory and acuity is t a natural part of ageing, and this book shows readers how easy it is to regain and maintain clarity. Most people can see the signs in their lives - they can't remember where they put the keys; they forget who they are calling mid-dial; shopping lists are the only things that give them an indication of why they have entered a supermarket. However, these are t rmal signs of ageing. They are the symptoms of a distressed brain, one on its way to more serious conditions that can leave the individual unable to care for him or herself later in life. The Better Brain Book provide all the tools any reader will need for rejuvenating the mind, whether they've become forgetful and less able to focus at work or are trying to help a loved one who has suffered a serious illness. This helpful guide helps you to: discover hidden brain toxins in your medicine cabinet, your household products and the food you eat; learn how to bring back clarity and mental vigour; and find out what your doctor won't tell you about preventing Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and other neurological conditions. In addition, The Better Brain Book offers a unique three-tiered food and supplement programme that helps heal damage and restore youthful sharpness and memory, as well as specific exercises for keeping the mind alert. (You'll never lose your keys again!)
- Author BiographyDavid Perlmutter, MD, FACN, ABIHM is a Board-Certified Neurologist and Fellow of the American College of Nutrition who received his M.D. degree from the University of Miami School of Medicine where he was awarded the Leonard G. Rowntree Research Award. He has contributed extensively to the world medical literature with publications appearing in The Journal of Neurosurgery, The Southern Medical Journal, Journal of Applied Nutrition, and Archives of Neurology. He is the author of: The Better Brain Book and the #1 New York Times Bestseller, Grain Brain. He is recognized internationally as a leader in the field of nutritional influences in neurological disorders. Dr. Perlmutter has been interviewed on many nationally syndicated radio and television programs including 20/20, Larry King Live, CNN, Fox News, Fox and Friends, The Today Show, Oprah, Dr. Oz, and The CBS Early Show. In 2002 Dr. Perlmutter was the recipient of the Linus Pauling Award for his innovative approaches to neurological disorders and in addition was awarded the Denham Harmon Award for his pioneering work in the application of free radical science to clinical medicine. He is the recipient of the 2006 National Nutritional Foods Association Clinician of the Year Award. Dr. Perlmutter serves as Medical Advisor for The Dr. Oz Show. Carol Colman is the New York Times bestselling co-author of Curves.
- Author(s)Carol Colman,David Pearlmutter
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication02/08/2005
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintRiverhead Books,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.