All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost parents understand the importance of providing their children with nutritious, well-balanced meals, yet they sometimes need help and guidance in order to prepare healthy dishes when their children are between the critical ages of two and ten years old. In these early years children can develop the positive attitudes toward good nutrition that will allow them to lead to a healthy lifestyle as adults. This new edition of Better Food for Kids features: - New, revised, expanded and updated nutritional information on topics such as essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals, food safety, food allergies and dealing with picky eaters. - 75 new recipes, bringing the recipe count to more than 200. - Updates and modifications to all of the recipes so they reflect the latest guidelines for salt and sugar intake. Here are some of the recipes that the whole family will enjoy: Baked vegetable frittata; Breakfast fruit smoothie; Courgette pudding; Tex-Mex turkey wraps; Tasty tofu; Carrot-potato soup; Macaroni and beef with cheese; Lemon mustard chicken; Braised lamb; Deluxe coleslaw; Pizza-style hamburgers; Family cheese fondue; Apple gingerbread; Peanut butter brownies. With both professional advice and delicious recipes that are thoroughly tested and analyzed, this guide is a comprehensive resource for parents.
- Author BiographyJoanne Saab is a registered dietitian who trained and worked at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Ontario, and now works in pediatric nutrition at a pediatric teaching hospital. She is the mother of twins and lives in Burlington, Ontario. Daina Kalnins, MSc, is an academic/clinical specialist and registered dietitian at the Hospital for Sick Children. She has 20 years experience in pediatric nutrition research, is the mother of two young children and lives in Toronto, Ontario.
- Author(s)Daina Kalnins,Joanne Saab
- PublisherRobert Rose Inc
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert Rose Inc
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $37.59
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $38.76
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.03
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $43.15
- AU $36.28Trending at AU $37.62
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $32.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.