Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.88Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.90+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an action packed tale following the lives of fire-fighters as they risk their lives on a daily basis to save others. Not only an action thriller but a moving love story and coming-of-age tale, Better Red than Dead will remain with you long after you have turned the last page. Better Red than Dead is a intense and action packed story following the lives of the fire officers Jake and Mac at Graveton fire station as they carry out their dangerous yet life saving duties. We also follow the relationship of arsonist Jim and Maddie and the tragedy of Ernest and Doris Galloway, whose lives take a turn for the worst following a terrible accident. Set in the mid 1990s we meet officer Mac, the inspirational leader of his men, as he saves a life outside of work time whilst assisted by protagonist Jake who, inspired by the other man, decides to become a fire-fighter. As we follow Jake's grueling training to achieve his ambition, which is put to the ultimate test when he is confronted with a fire outside of training and must risk his life to save a young woman, we are also introduced to the other side of the spectrum through Jim, who escapes his boring life as a security guard through arson and Maddie, a nurse who falls in love with him. Not only an action thriller but a moving love story and a coming-of-age tale, Better Red than Dead's ensemble of characters reveals the perspectives of those who save lives and those who need saving. It is a romance, a thriller and an inspirational insight into the lives of fire-fighters, which will remain with you long after you have turned the last page.
- Author BiographyMike Hodgkins is 68 years old and a retired fire-fighter, now living in Derbyshire. Mike spent 27 years serving in both the Hertfordshire and South Yorkshire fire services. Bom and brought up in Rotherham, Mike joined the Royal Air Force in his teens before joining the fire service in the mid 1960s. Mike served almost 5 years in the South Yorkshire fire service. In 1978, Mike became an instructor with the service. The last few years of his service was spent as station commander of a Hertfordshire fire station. After retirement he worked as a consultant for the service in their commercial training section. He and his wife lived for 4 years in Norfolk before they found their way back to their beloved Peak district where they still reside today. Better Red than Dead is Mike Hodgkins' debut novel.
- Author(s)Mike Hodgkins
- PublisherDB Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationDerby
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDB Publishing
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.