All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the political construction and manipulation of the serial killer panic, and the workings of the FBI. Credited with superhuman intellect and abilities, the serial sex killer emerged in the 1980's as a dominant figure in American popular culture. In a decade marked by conservative politics and fundamental protestantism, the serial killer was accused of attacking the traditional values underpinning society and was used to manipulate public fear for political gain. Using government reports, trial transcripts and correspondence, Better to Reign in Hell examines the people and events that led to and perpetuate this panic, tably President Ronald Reagan, the New Right, the FBI and the media. As well as detailing high profile cases such as Son of Sam and Ted Bundy, the book features interviews with law enforcement officers and convicted serial killers.
- Author BiographyStephen Milligen is a former Lecturer in American Studies at the University of Ulster. Better To Reign In Hell is his first book.
- Author(s)Stephen Milligen
- Date of Publication12/12/2006
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCritical Vision (an imprint of Headpress)
- Content Note12
- Weight320 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.