Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.56
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
About this product
- DescriptionAvailable again for a whole new generation of readers, the original 1950s popularity guide that was the inspiration for teen author Maya Van Wagenen s memoir Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek! Filled with fun tips and vintage wisdom, Betty Cornell s Teen-Age Popularity Guideoffers advice and guidance for teens who want to be poised, self-confident, and shiny bright. Bettycovers topics ranging from Figure Problems, Good Grooming, and What to Wear Where to hints on dating, hosting a great party, and becoming the most popular girl in your set!
- Author BiographyBetty Cornell Huston was a teenage fashion model in the late 1940s and the early 1950s, working for the John Robert Powers, Harry Conover, and Ford Modeling Agencies. As a well-known junior model, Betty was invited to conduct good grooming classes that ultimately lead to a career as an author of advice books. In addition to the Teen-Age Popularity Guide, her other books include Betty Cornell s Glamour Guide for Teens (1951), Betty Cornell s Teen-Age Knitting Guide (1953), Betty Cornell s All About Boys (1958), and So You re Going to be a Teen (1963). She continued to model through the 1980s. Betty earned her Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in Educationfrom Chestnut Hill College in the 1980s.She married John J. Huston in 1952 and settled in the suburbs of Philadelphia where they raised three children. Betty has nine grandchildren, volunteers at her local school, and finds time to paint watercolors. Betty currently resides in Audubon, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Betty Cornell
- PublisherDutton Books
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDutton Books
- Out-of-print date01/12/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width206 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.