All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDelicious everyday meals you can eat to your heart's content! For the millions of people with cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, or other cardiac-related conditions, maintaining a heart-healthy diet is essential. But eating right for heart health is good for everyone, especially when it's so easy to do. With the Betty Crocker Healthy Heart Cookbook , there's need to sacrifice flavor or simplicity to eat right. Written in partnership with one of America's most respected cardiologists, book includes more than 140 recipes that anyone can prepare and everyone can enjoy. These hearty-smart adaptations of familiar classics and urishing new ideas will have the whole family eating quick, delicious meals that are easy on the heart-and the palate. Includes more than 140 recipes like Grilled Barbecue Beef and Bean Burgers, Gorgonzola Linguine with Toasted Walnuts, and Oatmeal-Cranberry Muffins Features up-to-date information on heart disease, including risk factors, testing, prevention, and treatment Offers seven-day menu plans with a week's worth of healthy meals and snacks Includes nutrition information with every recipe, plus carbohydrate exchanges and carbohydrate choices for stress-free meal planning Whether you need to maintain a heart-healthy diet because of a cardiovascular condition or just for the sake of good health, the Betty Crocker Healthy Heart Cookbook is the perfect resource.
- Author BiographyRoger S. Blumenthal, M.D., F.A.C.C., F.A.H.A., is a professor of medicine in the Division of Cardiology at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. Dr. Blumenthal graduated with honors from The Johns Hopkins University. He received his medical degree from Cornell University Medical College, where he was awarded the Weiss Prize for Excellence in Clinical Medicine. He did his internal medicine and cardiology fellowship training at The Johns Hopkins Hospital and then joined the medical school facility.Dr. Blumenthal was the principal developer of The Johns Hopkins Ciccarone Center for the Prevention of Heart Disease, and he is the Director of Preventive Cardiology at Johns Hopkins. He is an official national spokesperson for the American Heart Association (AHA) and has cowritten more than 400 original research articles, state-of-the-art reviews and editorials dealing with many aspects of coronary artery disease and atherosclerosis management. Juli Hermanson, M.P.H., R.D., is a senior nutrition scientist at the General Mills Bell Institute of Health & Nutrition in Minneapolis. As a registered and licensed dietitian, she specializes in nutrition communications, translating nutrition science into practical advice for healthy eating. She attained a bachelor of science degree in dietetics at Iowa State University and holds a master's degree in public health nutrition from the University of Minnesota. She has developed educational materials for patients and professionals on heart health nutrition.
- Author(s)Betty Crocker
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Date of Publication05/02/2013
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight878 g
- Width226 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $29.11Trending at AU $33.05
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $31.98
- AU $26.05Trending at AU $28.66
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $47.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.