All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen George Hodgman leaves Manhattan for his hometown of Paris, Missouri, he finds himself in a head-on collision with his aging mother, Betty, a woman of wit and will. He can't bring himself to force her from the home they both treasure - the place where his father's voice lingers, the scene of shared jokes and, behind the dusty antiques, a rarely ackwledged conflict: Betty, who speaks her mind but cant quite reveal her heart, has never really accepted the fact that her son is gay. Bettyville is Hodgman's memoir of secrets, silences and enduring love.
- Author BiographyGeorge Hodgman is a veteran magazine and book editor who has worked at Simon & Schuster, Vanity Fair, and Talk magazine. His writing has appeared in Entertainment Weekly, Interview, W, and Harper's Bazaar, among other publications. He lives in New York City and Paris, Missouri.
- Author(s)George Hodgman
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight233 g
- Width134 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.