All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an abridged paperback version of Frank's vel, Taking Care of Harry. Mylie O'Farrell is 19 years old. By day he works as a health care assistant in a psychiatric unit in London. Off duty, he indulges his interest in music, girls and wild nights on the town with his friends, Janus and Rich, who share a ramshackle house in Westminster they call 'The Palace'. Everything changes when ex-army officer Harry is admitted to the Unit after purportedly trying to strangle his wife, Muriel. Harry, who is suffering from melancholia, has visitors so Mylie takes a special interest in the cantankerous old man. Through a series of stormy if humour-laden encounters, the young man and old man become friends, each allowing the other a glimpse into the deepest and most intimate secrets of their lives. This is also the story of the women in their lives, of Muriel and Tabi. As, little by little, Mylie realises that Harry is harbouring a secret terror, he sets about bringing this into the open so that his friend can be set free. It is suffused with great joy, sorrow, and a haunting sense of beauty - a funny, beautiful and poignant story that has inspired film makers and poets.
- Author(s)F.P. Fitzpatrick
- PublisherSwift Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSwift Publishers Ltd
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edition Statementabridged edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.19
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.56
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $20.24Trending at AU $25.34
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.10
- AU $21.09Trending at AU $24.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.