All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis research explores the journeys of migration and desire of Egyptian migrant workers, men and women, who were professionals in Egypt during the 1990s and migrated to occupy low-wage/low-status employment positions in New York City's service sector. It focuses on their migration stories and histories, their experiences of contradictory class mobility, their production of households and families, as well as their racialization in the post-9/11 era.
- Author BiographyYasmine M. Ahmed is a PhD candidate in human geography at l'Universite de Paris X Ouest Nanterre la Defense. She works as a research assistant at the Social Research Center of AUC.
- Author(s)Yasmine M. Ahmed
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCairo Papers in Social Science
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight200 g
- Width129 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.