All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book offers a philosophical analysis of violence as a global problem and its challenges to ethics. In the nuclear age, the use of military force as a political instrument threatens the future of humanity. The contributors examine the problems of structural and direct violence, war and peace, human rights, toleration, and the ethics of international relations and co-responsibility in a globalized world.
- Author BiographyEdward Demenchonok has worked as a senior researcher at the Institute of Philosophy of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, and is currently a professor of foreign languages and philosophy at Fort Valley State University in Georgia, USA. He is listed in 2000 Outstanding Scholars of the 21st Century and is a recipient of the Twenty-First Century Award for Achievement in Philosophy from the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, UK. He is president of the International Society for Universal Dialogue. His numerous books and articles are in the fields of the philosophy of culture, social philosophy of culture, social philosophy, and ethics.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleAJES: Studies in Economic Reform and Social Justice
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight656 g
- Width162 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byEdward Demenchonok
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.