All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first volume in this series ( The View from Within , edited by Francisco Varela and Jonathan Shear) was a study of first-person approaches to the study of consciousness. Second-person 'I-You' relations are central to human life yet have been neglected in consciousness research. This book puts that right, and goes further by including descriptions of animal 'person-to-person' interactions from primatologists Barbara Smuts and Sue Savage-Rumbaugh. Other contributions are drawn from fields as diverse as Japanese philosophy and Buddhist studies, neurophysiology, phemelogy and neuropsychology - including clinical studies on autism and face-recognition disorders.
- Author BiographyEvan Thompson is associate professor in the department of philosophy at York University, Ontario. He is the author of Colour Vision and The Embodied Mind (with Francisco Varela and Eleanor Rosch). Forthcoming books include The Philosophy of Perception: Selected Readings (MIT Press) and Why the Mind Isn't in the Head (Harvard).
- PublisherImprint Academic
- Date of Publication30/06/2001
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThorverton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImprint Academic
- Weight806 g
- Width178 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edited byEvan Thompson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.