All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Between Philosophy and Religion Volumes I and II, Brayton Polka examines Spiza's three major works--on religion, politics, and ethics--in order to show that his thought is at once biblical and modern. Polka argues that Spiza is biblical only insofar as he is understood to be one of the great philosophers of modernity and that he is modern only when it is understood that he is unique in making the interpretation of the Bible central to philosophy and philosophy central to the interpretation of the Bible. This book and its companion volume are essential reading for any scholar of Spiza.
- Author BiographyBrayton Polka is professor emeritus of humanities and social & political thought at York University.
- Author(s)Brayton Polka
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication16/08/2010
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight522 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.