All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBetween Real and Unreal presents new insights into E. T. A. Hoffmann's invative use of the fantastic in his short fiction, as typified primarily by the collection Die Serapionsbrueder. With Tzvetan Todorov's structuralist theories of the fantastic as a major point of departure, Stefan Bergstroem explores the unusual nature and method of Hoffmann's colorful depictions of a fantastic world between reality and imagination. The study is devoted to an analysis of several main themes represented in Hoffmann's literary production, particularly Die Serapionsbrueder. Dr. Bergstroem argues that there is a structural, thematic coherence in this short story collection that gives it a special character based on a conscious interaction between a realistic and imaginary world.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Stefan Bergstroem resides in Lawrence, Kansas. He received his Ph.D. in German literature at the University of Kansas. He also holds a Ph.D. in Scandinavian literature from the University of Washington and an M.A. in the same field from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Dr. Bergstroem received his undergraduate degree in history and Scandinavian studies from Uppsala universitet in Sweden.
- Author(s)Stefan Bergstrom
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2000
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies on Themes and Motifs in Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number49
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight330 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.