All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by a true story, Between Two Worlds is an impassioned coming-of-age vel set in a land of breathtaking beauty and danger, where nature and love are powerful and unpredictable forces. On the treeless shores of Itta, Greenland, as far rth as humans can settle, sixteen-year-old Inuit Billy Bah spots a ship far out among the icebergs on the bay a sight both welcome and feared. Explorers have already left their indelible mark on her land and its people, and a ship full of white men can mean trouble. The ship carries provisions for Robert E. Peary, who is making an expedition to the North Pole. Peary and Billy Bah have a history as a child, she spent a year in America with his family. When Peary s ship gets caught in the ice, Billy Bah sets out on a harrowing quest to find him. Billy Bah s journey is one that will bring her to the very literal edge of the earth, imperil her life and question what it means to be between two worlds. Rich details . . . create a total immersion in Inuit life. Publishers Weekly, Starred An intriguing viewpoint to a place and time rarely written about in young adult fiction. SLJ A compelling . . . portrait of a community accustomed to life on the knife edge of survival, of extraordinary beauty and harsh realities. . . . A rare look at culture clash arising from polar exploration. Kirkus Reviews From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyKATHERINE KIRKPATRICK is the author of many books, including Trouble's Daughter and Keeping the Good Light. She lives in Seattle with her family.
- Author(s)Katherine Kirkpatrick
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight240 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.