All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book for audiences. It is a book about audiences. It is a book for anyone who watches, is watched, and all the spaces in between. Introducing the idea of performance as a shared transformative experience, this engaging book will help you make sense of the performer/audience interaction in a landscape where boundaries are collapsing. Drawing on themes of performance, exchange and the body, it offers an accessible entry into the philosophy of spectatorship.
- Author BiographyJoanne 'Bob' Whalley is Senior Lecturer in Theatre and Performance at Falmouth University, UK. Lee Miller is Associate Professor in Theatre and Performance at Plymouth University, UK. They completed the first joint practice-as-research PhD to be undertaken within a UK arts discipline in 2004. Lee is a qualified yoga teacher, and Bob is a licensed acupuncturist. They have published widely in books including Kershaw and Nicholson Eds. Research Methods in Theatre and Performance (2011) and journals including Performance Research and Research in Drama Education.
- Author(s)Joanne Whalley,Lee Miller
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/11/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight286 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.