All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBetween Weathers is the first all-new Shetland travel narrative since Victorian times. Ron McMillan spent weeks exploring scenic landmarks, archaeological treasure troves and remote islands. A travel writer for more than twenty years, he casts an inquisitive and witty eye over present-day Shetland to interweave the islands' history, archaeology and geology with observations on a remarkably hospitable society. Set amid fascinating locations and filled with stories skilfully told, this is a book for lovers of lyrical travel writing delivered with authority and irresistible humour.
- Author BiographyRon McMillan, born in 1958, has been a professional writer and photographer since 1986, when he covered the tumultuous scenes in South Korea, during the run-up to the 1988 Olympic Games. For ten years, from a home base in Hong Kong, McMillan criss-crossed Asia on assignment for major magazines in Asia, North America and Europe. Now based in Bangkok, Thailand, BETWEEN WEATHERS is his first book.
- Author(s)Ron McMillan
- PublisherSandstone Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2008
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Series TitleNon-Fiction
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 7
- Place of PublicationDingwall
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSandstone Press Ltd
- Content Note16 colour plates
- Width138 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Foreword byAly Bain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.