All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe central contention of Christian faith is that in the incarnation the eternal Word or Logos of God himself has taken flesh, so becoming for us the image of the invisible God. Our humanity itself is lived out in a constant to-ing and fro-ing between materiality and immateriality. Imagination, language and literature each have a vital part to play in brokering this hypostatic union of matter and meaning within the human creature. Approaching different aspects of two distinct movements between the image and the word, in the incarnation and in the dynamics of human existence itself, Trevor Hart presents a clearer understanding of each and explores the juxtapositions with the other. Hart concludes that within the Trinitarian ecomy of creation and redemption these two occasions of 'flesh-taking' are inseparable and indivisible.
- Author BiographyTrevor Hart is Professor of Divinity and (since 2000) Director of the Institute for Theology, Imagination and the Arts in the University of St Andrews. Formerly Lecturer in Systematic Theology in the University of Aberdeen, he is the author and editor of numerous publications including Faith Thinking (SPCK, 2000), Regarding Karl Barth (Paternoster, 1999), Hope Against Hope (Eerdmans,1999), Tolkien, Literature and Theology (Baylor, 2007), Faithful Performances (Ashgate, 2007), and Patterns of Promise (Ashgate, 2012).
- Author(s)Trevor Hart
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/09/2013
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Theology, Imagination and the Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight622 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Series Edited byRevd Dr. Jeremy Begbie,Professor Trevor Hart,Professor Roger Lundin
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.