All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCertainly everyone kws that Italy is one of the world's leading wine producers, yet few understand the vast array of its wines. Beyond Barolo and Brunello: Italy's Most Distinctive Wines is a look at the best examples of virtually every wine type from Italy. Written by an American journalist who has been traveling to wine regions throughout the length and width of Italy for more than a dozen years, this is meant to give wine lovers an insider's glimpse at the finest examples of t only famous wines such as Amarone, Barolo and Brunello, but more importantly, the everyday wines such as Soave, Dolcetto, Nero d'Avola and Verdicchio that are the backbone of the Italian wine industry. There are entries of more than 550 wines from more than 475 producers; each entry describes in detail several specifics about the wine, t only the aromas and flavors, but also the style of the wine as sought by the producer. More than just a technical approach to the Italian wine scene, this is an engaging look into the individuals who continue the work of their ancestors - that of creating a viticultural product that reflects a specific sense of place.
- Author BiographyTom Hyland is a Chicago-based journalist and photographer specializing in Italian wines. His articles and photos have been featured in numerous publications including Sommelier Journal, Decanter, The World of Fine Wine and Quarterly Review of Wines.
- Author(s)Tom Hyland
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.