All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGive children the social and emotional tools they need to grow and thrive on their own All childrent just those with challenging behaviorsrequire guidance as they develop the social and emotional skills they will use the rest of their lives. This resource provides everything you need to help children build and use six essential life skills: attachment, belonging, self-regulation, collaboration, contribution, and adaptability. Developed and tested in the classroom, this strength-based approach includes strategies, examples of supportive interactions, and special activities to help you manage challenging behaviors and strengthen social and emotional development in all children. Reflecting significant changes in early childhood education, this second edition of Beyond Behavior Management aligns each life skill with early learning standards and addresses cultural awareness and its impact on child development. With these essential life skills, children will exhibit more prosocial behaviors, work better as a classroom community, and become excited and active learners.Jenna Bilmes is an early childhood consultant and an instructional designer for WestEd Child and Family Services. She is a frequent presenter to teachers, administrators, and counselors nationally and internationally.
- Author BiographyJenna Bilmes: Jenna Bilmes works as an early childhood consultant and an instructional designer for WestEd, Child and Family Services. Previous experience includes classroom teacher for toddlers and preschoolers, director of a non-profit child care center, teacher trainer and mental health specialist for a Head Start program, and a consultant and product development specialist for the Department of Defense Department Schools early childhood programs. She is also the author of Common Psychological Disorders of Young Children: A Handbook for Early Childhood Professionals and is a frequent presenter to teachers, administrators, and counselors around the country and world.
- Author(s)Jenna Bilmes
- PublisherRedleaf Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSt Paul, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRedleaf Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight934 g
- Width216 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.