All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeyond BIM explores the vast and under-explored design potential undertaken by information modeling. Through a series of investigations grounded in the analysis of built work, interviews with leading practitioners, and speculative projects, the author catalogs the practical advantages and theoretical implications of exploiting BIM as a primary tool for design invation. Organized by information type, such as geographic data, local code, or materials, each chapter suggests a realm of kwledge that can be harvested and imported into BIM to give meaningful specificity to architectural form and space. While highly sustainable, the work documented and envisioned in this book moves well beyond 'rmalization,' to reveal inventive takes on contemporary practice. Beyond BIM serves as a primary resource for professional architects from practice, researchers and designers engaged in information related spatial design processes, as well as students and faculties of architecture schools in search of BIM design inspiration. Likewise, those highly attuned to computation and unconventional ways of creating form and space, particularly built outcomes that utilize BIM, will find this book meaningful and essential.
- Author BiographyDanelle Briscoe is an Assistant Professor at the University of Texas at Austin School of Architecture. She received a Master of Architecture degree from Yale University (2002) and Bachelor of Architecture from the University of Texas at Austin with Honors (1995). Her practice experience includes project designer for Frank Gehry Partners, LLP and Marmol+ Radziner LLP. In addition to numerous conference publications, she has more notably published a chapter in BIM in Academia (Yale University Publication 2011) and is also the key researcher using BIM for the Austin Green Wall Initiative.
- Author(s)Danelle Briscoe
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note102 colour illustrations, 5 colour line drawings
- Weight852 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.