All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe urgent debate over a multiracial category in the 2000 census forced the nation to reflect upon the important questions of what it means to construct and maintain a racial identity. Using in-depth interviews and survey data, Beyond Black documents how biracial people develop many different racial identities and how these self-understandings are derived from historical and contemporary social, cultural, interactional, and psychological processes.
- Author BiographyKerry Ann Rockquemore is associate professor of African American Studies at the University of Illinois at Chicago, and coauthor of Raising Biracial Children. David L. Brunsma is associate professor of sociology at the University of Missouri-Columbia and coeditor of The Sociology of Katrina: Perspectives on a Modern Catastrophe.
- Author(s)David L. Brunsma,Kerry Ann Rockquemore
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication14/12/2007
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight444 g
- Width160 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byJoe R. Feagin
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.