All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter broadband access, what next? What role do metrics play in understanding information societies ? And, more important, in shaping their policies? Beyond counting people with broadband access, how can ecomic and social metrics inform broadband policies, help evaluate their outcomes, and create useful models for achieving national goals? This timely volume t only examines the traditional questions about broadband, like availability and access, but also explores and evaluates new metrics more applicable to the evolving techlogies of information access. Beyond Broadband Access brings together a stellar array of media policy scholars from a wide range of disciplines-ecomics, law, policy studies, computer science, information science, and communications studies. Importantly, it provides a well-rounded, international perspective on theoretical approaches to databased communications policymaking in the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa. Showcasing a diversity of approaches, this invaluable collection helps to meet myriad challenges to improving the foundations for communications policy development.
- Author BiographyRichard D. Taylor holds the Palmer Chair in Telecommunications Studies at Pennsylvania State University. He is cofounder and codirector of the Penn State Institute for Information Policy. Amit M. Schejter is Associate Professor of Communications at Ben Gurion University of the Negev and at the Pennsylvania State University, where he also serves as codirector of the Institute for Information Policy.
- Author(s)Amit M. Schejter
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication03/06/2013
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleDonald McGannon Communication Research Center's Everett C. Parker Book Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Note70 b/w illustrations
- Weight423 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byRichard D. Taylor
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.