All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last decade, Australian governments have introduced a series of land reforms in communities on Indigeus land. This book is the first in-depth study of these significant and far reaching reforms. It explains how the reforms came about, what they do and their consequences for Indigeus landowners and community residents. It also revisits the rationale for their introduction and discusses the significant gap between public debate about the reforms and their actual impact. Drawing on international research, the book describes how it is necessary to move beyond the concepts of communal and individual ownership in order to understand the true significance of the reforms. The book's fresh perspective on land reform and careful assessment of key land reform theories will be of interest to scholars of indigeus land rights, land law, indigeus studies and aboriginal culture t only in Australia but also in any other country with an interest in indigeus land rights.
- Author BiographyLeon Terrill is a Research Director at the Indigenous Law Centre and a Lecturer at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. He has previously worked as a senior lawyer with the Central Land Council, coordinator of the University of the South Pacific Community Legal Centre and as a lawyer with Victoria Legal Aid.
- Author(s)Leon Terrill
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleRoutledge Complex Real Property Rights Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.