Beyond Engagement: A Brain-Based Approach That Blends the Engagement Managers Want with the Energy Employees Need by Brady G Wilson (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter twenty years of trying to get it right, precious few organizations have cracked the code of employee engagement. Why? Because few could have anticipated the unbending nature of what Brady G. Wilson calls the engagement paradox the more companies focus on engagement, the more disengagement they produce. What causes this paradox? As shown in this clear, concise, and compelling book, it is simply this: managing engagement turns out to be just ather drain on the most precious resource in business today -- energy. In today's exhaustion era, employees are simply struggling to make it to the weekend. Lacking energy, they resort to quick fixes, workarounds, and reactive firefighting, thereby hardwiring depletion into the system. As a result, employees come to perceive engagement efforts as a management con game. A high percentage of the employee population believe meaningful outcomes will occur as a result of the engagement survey. And this crisis of belief causes acute pain inside well-intentioned leaders who are doing their best to unlock employee engagement. They feel caught. Now Beyond Engagement shows how to get beyond this kind of self-defeating engagement: by managing energy rather than engagement. The book offers a chapter each to ten leadership principles based on the findings of brain science: 1 Manage Energy, Not Engagement 2 Deliver Experiences, Not Promises 3 Target Emotion, Not Logic 4 Trust Conversations, Not Surveys 5 Seek Tension, Not Harmony 6 Practice Partnering, Not Parenting 7 Pull Out the Backstory, Not the Action Plan 8 Think Sticks, Not Carrots 9 Meet Needs, Not Scores 10 Challenge Beliefs, Not Emotions
- Author BiographyBrady G. Wilson is, undisputedly, the embodiment of focused energy. As co-founder of Juice Inc., Brady's vision is to create a world where businesses pulsate with creative energy. For 20+ years, he has inspired and energized leaders, managers, and frontline workers in many of North America's Fortune 500 companies. His passion for creating breakthroughs for companies has spawned such innovative tools and programs as The Power of Conversation, Beyond Engagement, and The Energy Check . Brady lives in Guelph, Ontario. He is also the author of three other books dedicated to improving employee performance and business results: JUICE: The Power of Conversation - The Secret to Releasing Your People's Brilliance and Expanding Your Leadership, FINDING THE STICKING POINT: Increase Sales by Transforming Customer Resistance into Customer Engagement, and LOVE AT WORK: Why Passion Drives Performance in the Feelings Economy.
- Author(s)Brady G Wilson
- PublisherBPS Books
- Date of Publication23/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBPS Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight228 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byDavid Zinger
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.