All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines what happens when consumption - originally based on ethical issues - becomes a sort of religious behaviour which excludes possibly equally-valid alternatives by principle. It happens when consumers are deeply observant of the choices they made that it becomes a sort of faith, a recurrent behaviour which excludes a renewal of critical judgments and usually turns into habit or, even, fanaticism. Five related studies are presented in both consumer and political marketing: from fervid attachment to brands, to induction of compulsive forms of shopping or, even, fanatic behaviours, such as political extremism. On these themes, this volume offers a European point of view and, in particular, an Italian one, proposing new and original lines of research that have never been explored before.
- Author BiographyGianluigi Guido (Ph.D., University of Cambridge, UK) is Full Professor of Marketing and Market Research at the University of Salento, Italy. He has published fourteen books on consumer behaviour and marketing strategies, and almost 200 articles in major scholarly journals. He is the author of Behind ethical consumption (Peter Lang, 2009). M. Irene Prete (Ph.D.) is Assistant Professor in Marketing and Place Marketing; Marco Pichierri is Ph.D. candidate in Marketing; Giovanni Pino (Ph.D.) is Research Associate in Marketing and Place Marketing; Alessandro M. Peluso (Ph.D.) is Associate Professor in Business Management, all at the same university.
- Author(s)Gianluigi Guido
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication07/03/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2016
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note40
- Weight280 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.