All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionEven though it failed to prevent World War II, the League of Nations left a lasting legacy. This precedent-setting international organization created important institutions and initiatives in labor, ecomics, culture, science, and more, from the International Labor Organization to initiatives targeting education, taxation, nutrition, and other issues. Otherwise marginalized in global diplomacy, Latin Americans were involved, and often acted as leaders, in many League-related activities and made a number of positive contributions to the League. In this book foremost scholars from Europe and the Americas consider Latin American leadership and experiences in the League of Nations. Using research in frequently overlooked collections, Beyond Geopolitics makes groundbreaking contributions to the study of Latin American international relations, the history of the League of Nations, and the broader story of cooperation across borders.
- Author BiographyAlan McPherson is a professor of international and area studies at the University of Oklahoma, USA. Among his books are the prize-winning Yankee No!: Anti-Americanism in U.S.-Latin American Relations and The Invaded: How Latin Americans and Their Allies Fought and Ended U.S. Occupations. Yannick Wehrli was born in Geneva, Switzerland, and is a lecturer at the University of Geneva. Specializing in Latin American political and international history and in the history of international organizations, he has published a dozen articles and book chapters mainly related to Latin American participation at the League of Nations.
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Content Note16 halftones
- Weight825 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAlan McPherson,Yannick Wehrli
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.