All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn March 25, 1969 Linda Hale Bucklin learned her vivacious mother was dead, her right temple blown out by a bullet from her father's pistol. Was it suicide or homicide? Standing up to her father, heir to the Broadway/Hale Department Store fortune, Linda is disinherited, then ostracized from the family she loves. When her father marries his mistress, Denise Minnelli, stepmother to Liza Minnelli, the family unravels. Once a child of privilege, Linda recounts, in vivid detail, her extraordinary life-summers on the family's 10,000 acre ranch in Northern California, hunting trips to Africa and Alaska, high society vignettes of a fourth-generation San Francisco family, and her father's final decision: to leave the entire family fortune to Minnelli. But amid the ashes, Linda finds a new strength: the strength to forgive the one who started it all. REVIEWS: .. .a jolting memoir. The New York Post .. .a book you won't be able to put down. David Patrick Columbia, New York Social Diary MEET LINDA HALE BUCKLIN: Linda feels blessed to be surrounded by her three grown sons, two daughters-in-law and two grandchildren. A fourth-generation San Franciscan, she w lives with her husband in Mill Valley, CA.
- Author(s)Linda Hale Bucklin
- PublisherEpublishing Works!
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEpublishing Works!
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.