All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionChandragupta Maurya (340 BC - 298 BC) was the founder of the Mauryan Empire and the first emperor to unify India into one state. Chandragupta Maurya is a pivotal figure in the history of India. After unifying India, Chandragupta and his chief advisor Chankaya passed a series of major ecomic and political reforms. Chandragupta's reign was a time of great social and religious reform in India. Chandragupta Maurya, with the help of Chankaya, defeated the Magadha king and the army of the Chandravanshi clan. Following his victory, the defeated generals of Alexander settled in Gandhara (the Kamboja kingdom), today's Afghanistan. Parvateshwara (Porus), a king of Punjab, was the only local king who was able to challenge Alexander at the Battle of the Hydaspes River, but he was defeated. Chanakaya then went further east to Magadha, to seek the help of Dhana Nanda, who ruled the vast Nanda Empire which extended from Bihar and Bengal in the east to Punjab and Sindh in the west, but Dhana Nanda refused to help him. After this incident, Chankaya began to persuade his disciple Chandragupta of the need to build an empire that could protect Indian territories from foreign invasion.
- Author BiographySwapnil Jha is a very special and gifted kid. His battle with the cerebral palsy began as umbilical cord was disconnected from his mother. Inspite of his ongoing battle with life, he stands out as icon of inspiration for millions of children who are suffering from cerebral palsy and their family members. He hails from Madhubani, Bihar and currently lives in Goa with his parents. He is studying in B Sc and his favourite subject is computer. His writing career started at the age of ten with a few articles which were published in the newspaper. He practices OSHO meditations techniques which help him overcome his disability and lead a happy and normal life.
- Author(s)Swapnil Jha
- Date of Publication29/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.