Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionCross-border studies have become attractive for a number of fields, including international migration, studies of material and cultural globalization, and history. While cross-border studies have expanded, the critique on nation-centered research lens has also grown. This book revisits drawbacks of methodological nationalism in theory and methodological strategies. It summarizes research methodologies of the current studies on transnationalization and globalization, such as multi-scalar and transnational approaches, global and multi-sited ethgraphy, as well as the entangled history approach and the incorporating comparison approach. This collected volume goes beyond rhetorical criticism on methodological nationalism, which is mainly associated with the igrance and naturalization of national categories. It proffers insights for the systematic implementation of vel research strategies within empirical studies deployed by young and senior scholars. The velty lies in an interdisciplinary lens ranging from sociology, social anthropology and history.
- Author BiographyAnna Amelina is a researcher at the Faculty of Sociology at Bielefeld University. Devrimsel D. Nergiz is a Doctoral Fellow at Bielefeld Graduate School in History and Sociology (BGHS). Thomas Faist is Professor of Transnational Relations and Sociology of Development at the Department of Sociology, Bielefeld University. Nina Glick Schiller is the Director of the Cosmopolitan Cultures Institute and Professor of Social Anthropology at the University of Manchester.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Transnationalism
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 24
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAnna Amelina,Devrimsel D. Nergiz,Nina Glick Schiller,Thomas Faist
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.