Beyond Outcomes: Assessment and Instruction within a University Writing Program by Richard H. Haswell (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $175.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $351.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWriting assessment programs help place entering and mid-career students in composition courses at the appropriate level, monitor the progress of those students, and assist in placing them in writing courses throughout their undergraduate careers. These same universities also have writing instruction programs, which might include writing centers, writing-across-the-curriculum initiatives, and freshman and advanced composition programs. At many institutions, though, writing assessment is t necessarily considered fundamental to writing instruction, and there is little communication between the assessment program and the composition program. This book demonstrates that writing assessment and instruction programs may be successfully integrated. The contributors analyze the development of the writing assessment and instruction program at Washington State University, which is nationally recognized for its success. In doing so, they provide guidance to other institutions planning to develop similar integrated programs. The volume argues that writing assessment and instruction should inform and influence each other; that they should evolve together; and that they should be developed locally. By tracing the success of the WSU program, the authors directly challenge the use of national packaged assessment programs, such as standardized placement tests.
- Author BiographyRICHARD H. HASWELL is Haas Professor of English at Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi. He was Director of Composition at Washington State University from 1972 to 1982, and from 1993 to 1996 he directed the Washington State University Office of Writing Assessment. His previous books include Gaining Ground in College Writing: Tales of Development and Interpretation (1991), The HBJ Reader (1987), and with Min-Zhan Lu, Comp Tales: An Introduction to College Composition through its Stories (2000).
- Author(s)Richard H. Haswell
- Date of Publication30/05/2001
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitlePerspectives on Writing
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAblex Publishing Corporation
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.