All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProviding students of ecomics, politics, and policy with a concise explanation of public choice, markets, property, and political and ecomic processes, this record identifies what kinds of actions are beyond the ability of government. Combining public choice with studies of the value of property rights, markets, and institutions, this account produces a much different picture of modern political ecomy than the one accepted by mainstream political scientists and welfare ecomists. It demonstrates that when citizens request that their governments do more than it is possible, net benefits are reduced, costs are increased, and wealth and freedom are diminished. Solutions are also suggested with the goal to improve the lot of those who should be the ultimate sovereigns in a democracy: the citizens.
- Author BiographyRandy T. Simmons is a senior fellow at the Independent Institute, the Charles G. Koch Professor of Economics, the director of the Institute of Political Economy at Utah State University, and the former mayor of Providence, Utah. He is also a member of the board of directors of the Utah League of Cities and Towns as well as a member of the Utah Governor's Privatization Commission. He is the author of several books, including The Political Economy of Culture and Norms. He lives in Providence, Utah.
- Author(s)Randy T. Simmons
- PublisherIndependent Institute,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndependent Institute,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Foreword byGordon Tullock
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.