All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionBeyond Postmodernism identifies ways in which psychoanalysis has moved beyond the postmodern debate and discusses how this can be applied to contemporary practice. Roger Frie and Donna Orange bring together many of the leading authorities on psychoanalytic theory and practice to provide a broad scope of psychoanalytic viewpoints and perspectives on the growing interdisciplinary discourse between psychoanalysis, continental philosophy, social theory and philosophy of mind. Divided into two parts, Psychoanalytic Encounters with Postmodernism and Psychoanalysis Beyond Postmodernism, this book: * elaborates and clarifies aspects of the postmodern turn in psychoanalysis * furthers an interdisciplinary perspective on clinical theory and practice * contributes to new understandings of theory and practice beyond postmodernism. Beyond Postmodernism: New Dimensions in Clinical Theory and Practice provides a fresh perspective on the relationship between psychoanalysis and postmodernism and raises new issues for the future. It will be of interest to practicing psychoanalysts and psychologists as well as students interested in psychoanalysis, postmodernism and philosophy.
- Author BiographyRoger Frie is Associate Professor of Human Development and Educational Psychology, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver; and faculty member at the William Alanson White Institute, New York. Donna Orange is supervisor and faculty member at the Institute for the Psychoanalytic Study of Subjectivity, New York, and the Institute for Specialization in Self Psychology and Relational Psychoanalysis in Rome/Milan.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/01/2009
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDonna Orange,Roger Frie
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.