All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by the editor of the world's largest Cuban music website, www.timba.com, and the author of the popular Tomas Cruz Conga Method, Beyond Salsa Pia is a series of method books and historical/discographical guides chronicling the role of the pia in Cuban music. After the 5 introductory volumes, Volume 8 is the third of a series of books on specific Cuban pianists, using te-for-te transcriptions from MIDI files. Ivan Melon Lewis is one of the greatest timba pianists, having recorded and played with The Issac Delgado Group and Malin, el Medico de la Salsa.
- Author BiographyKevin Moore is the editor of the world's largest Cuban music website, www.timba.com, and the author of the popular Tomas Cruz Conga Method, a 3-volume series published by Mel Bay Publications, available on amazon.com, and used as textbook at various colleges and educational institutions. Kevin also produced, co-wrote, and played on the salsa CD Salsa Gitana, available at latinpulsemusic.com. The CD reached the semi-final level in the 1998 Grammy Award process. The author has also written several online books on various aspects of Cuban music, available for free as a public service on www.timba.com.
- Author(s)Kevin Moore
- Date of Publication09/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Photographer(s)Tom Ehrlich
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.