Beyond School Improvement: The Journey to Innovative Leadership by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.64Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The authors are grounded educational leaders who have lived the approach to improvement and invation that they write about. Filled with anecdotal examples, reflection exercises, and practical strategies, this is a very useful and timely resource for educators seeking to understand and influence educational invation and transformation in the 21st century' - Michael H. Dickmann, Professor Cardinal Stritch University. 'The authors contrast improvement of existing practices with a more rigorous and creative push for invation that introduces new and different practices and structures. In many situations, district and school improvement plans have evolved into the technical work of interpreting data about the past and present, studying research, and creating documents. This book stimulates leaders as they stretch their organization's culture to reveal mental models, consider external trends, and seek creative and energizing strategies that will prepare students for a future we cant yet define' - Edie Holcomb, Consultant, Marza Research Laboratory. Preparing students to be successful in an unpredictable world requires school leaders who can nurture a culture of both improvement and invation. Beyond School Improvement: The Journey to Invative Leadership assists leaders in understanding when and how to improve and when and how to invate. The book helps leaders connect with the new science on change and provides skills, practices, and tools for creating and leading educational systems that will help to prepare students for the world that will be theirs. Based on complexity theory, new science, systems thinking, change, and invation, the book presents a look at trends that encourage readers to look beyond the comfort zone of accepted practice and consider the merits of improvement and invation. The authors discuss four change elements - dissonance, identity, information, and order - and define five essential practices for leaders: hold courageous conversations; embrace dissonance; change the field of vision; be a gardener and a mechanic; and, reframe, reflect, relate stories, quotes, reflections, and a call to action help to support leaders as they seek balance within themselves, their classrooms, and their organizations.
- Author BiographyDr. Robert Davidovich is a consultant specializing in leadership, transformational change, innovation, systems thinking, and organizational planning. An educator for more than 30 years, he has served students as a teacher, principal, staff development coordinator, and director of organizational development. For fourteen years he was principal of a U.S. Department of Education School of Excellence. In his role as the director of organizational development he oversaw the district's transformational planning initiative. Robert is an adjunct instructor and lecturer at local universities and a consultant for organizations in several states regarding system improvement, innovative leadership, and organiznational development. Dr. Pauli Nikolay has served as a teacher, principal, director of instruction, superintendent, and an assistant state superintendent at the Department of Public Instruction. In addition to her consultant work in the area of academic standards and instructional strategies, she facilitates workshops on leadership, culture, and improvement/innovation strategies. She received her state's Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development Educator of the Year Award, the Educational Media Association Administrator of the Year Award, the State Reading Association Outstanding Administrator Award, and the Women's Leader in Education Award. She currently serves as a site coordinator, instructor, and mentor for students in the Master's in Educational Leadership program at Cardinal Stritch University. Dr. Bonnie Laugerman is a high school principal in a large suburban school district that is listed in US Newsweek as one of the top 1,500 high schools in the nation and Number 1 rated high school in sports in the state by Sports Illustrated. She is currently leading her district through a process of responding to the needs of the 21st-century learner. She has been an educator over 30 years, working in urban and suburban school districts in building and central office leadership capacity. Bonnie is a consultant and adjunct professor for a local university and teaches courses related to brain compatible learning, assessment, curriculum, and teacher supervision and evaluation. She has a special interest in the experience of high school principals shaping a learning culture in their schools. Carol Commodore is an independent consultant whose special interests center on leadership, assessment, systems thinking, motivation and learning. An educator for more than 30 years, she served as a classroom teacher, a department chair, an assistant superintendent and an assessment coordinator. During her tenure as a district leader she facilitated the establishment of new programs in the areas of balanced assessment and foreign language. Carol has coauthored three other books in the areas of assessment and leadership. Carol presents and consults for local, state, national and international organizations across North America, Asia, and the Middle East.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication22/12/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, diagrams
- Weight499 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBonnie Laugerman,Carol A. Commodore,Pauline M. Nikolay,Robert D. Davidovich
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.