All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionBeyond Spatial Montage: Windowing, or the Cinematic Displacement of Time, Motion, and Space offers an extended discussion of the morphology and structure of compositing, graphic juxtapositions, and montage employed in motion pictures. Drawing from the history of avant-garde and commercial cinema, as well as studio-based research, here media artist and theorist Michael Betancourt critiques cinematic realism and spatial montage in motion pictures. This new taxomic framework for conceptualizing linkages between media art and narrative cinema opens new areas of experimentation for today's film editors, motion designers, and other media artists.
- Author BiographyMichael Betancourt, Ph.D. is an artist, historian, theorist, and professor at the Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia. He is the author of The Manifesto, The History of Motion Graphics, and The Critique of Digital Capitalism. Michael has exhibited internationally, and his work has been translated into Chinese, French, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Author(s)Michael Betancourt
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/03/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.