All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeyond Yahweh and Jesus constitutes the first in-depth psychoanalytic study of the Old and New Testaments in terms of God's role in enabling humans to cope with death and the anxiety it evokes. The journey on which this study embarks leads through an examination of the related topics of kwledge acquisition; divine wisdom; conscious and unconscious morality; what the author argues is the failure of psychoanalysis to ally itself with religion and the failure of religion to bring peace to the world; and a proposition for how to enhance both religious and secular forms of morality and adaptation to death anxiety.
- Author BiographyRobert Langs, M.D. is the author of 45 books and some 170 papers on psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, the emotion-processing mind and its evolutionary history and adapative capacities, the therapeutic interaction and its boundaries, ground rules, and techniques, and the role played by trauma, death, and death anxiety in both human creativity and emotional difficulties as played out in the treatment situation and everyday life.
- Author(s)Robert Langs
- PublisherJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Date of Publication28/08/2007
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNorthvale NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.