All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLyn Ford, an African-American storyteller hored by her peers nationally retells traditional stories and folkways from her cultural heritage. In addition, sheprovides readers with insights and historic perspective of these tales by including tes and references to extensive resources regarding the folktales she tells and the history that brought them to us.
- Author BiographyLyn (Lynette) Ford grew up in the African-American tradition in Appalachia (in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio) during the 1960s and 1970s. Her grandparents and parents practiced an ages-old oral storytelling tradition which they passed on to her. A teacher for many years, Lyn has now been an oral performer, a travelling storyteller, for more than two decades. In 2013 Lyn was named to the Circle of Excellence by the National Storytelling Network. She speaks of her Affrilachian tradition at conferences, conventions, and storytelling festivals throughout the USA and internationally. Her first book ( Affrilachian Tales, Parkhurst Brothers Publishers, 2012) received the Anne Izard Storyteller s Choice Award from the Westchester County Library System in New York state.
- Author(s)Lyn Ford,Lynette Ford
- PublisherParkhurst Brothers Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParkhurst Brothers Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.