All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionClimate change, global warming, rising sea levels, lack of fresh water, diminishing energy resources, ecomic collapse, famine, disease, natural disasters and nuclear war are what await us over the next fifteen years. In the book I describe why our days are numbered and the terrible calamity that will explode upon the face of the Earth sooner that anyone expects. No-one will escape and mankind will be overwhelmed by the speed with which events exceed even our own worst nightmares. Global warming and climate change w represent, according to the majority of scientists, a far, far greater threat to the population of the planet than any terrorist attack. As the ice caps melt, water levels over the next ten years will rise to such an extent that the world's great coastal cities, many islands and some countries will simply disappear. As parts of the world situated around the equator reach temperatures that render huge areas of the planet uninhabitable, their will be migration on a massive scale never before seen, with perhaps three billion people seeking to move to more hospitable parts of the planet. If you wish to kw a little more about your future, read this book.
- Author BiographyIan Gurney is a broadcaster, journalist and writer living in the United Kingdom. Over the last five years he has conducted far reaching research into the subjects discussed in Beyond the Cassandra Prophecy - The Road to Hell. He has accessed many of the foremost scientists and organisations involved in cutting edge research into climate change, global warming, sea level rise, declining oil availability, lack of fresh water and food shortages. The results of this scientific research documents a planet on the brink of catastrophe, a population that faces flooding, starvation and disruption on a massive scale and a world were total, continual wars could be fought over the Earth's diminishing resources, perhaps ending in nuclear confrontation. The scientists that contributed their opinions to this book have changed their ideas and perceptions of the timings of the coming climate change, global warming and sea level rise. Far from these problems happening slowly over the next forty years, most scientists studying the environmental repercussions of our changing world now realise that these changes will happen far more quickly than anyone, including themselves, had predicted. Climate scientists are now of the opinion that these problems are so serious that no-one can now do anything to stop them. We have reached the tipping point of many of the most important eco-systems on planet Earth. This brings the scientific community around the world to one very undesirable conclusion - Mankind is out of time and on The Road to Hell.
- Author(s)Ian Gurney
- PublisherIan Gurney Publishing
- Date of Publication28/04/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNewcastle-upon-Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIan Gurney Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.