All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of Jason and the Argonauts and Homer's tales of Ulysses are among the greatest ancient epics, but are they merely nautical legends or true stories? Mauricio Obregon has combed through classical texts, focusing on the smallest details, and with his intimate kwledge of historical navigation, brilliantly reenacts the voyages the ancient heroes actually traveled. Using the clues embedded in these epic tales, Obregon deftly argues that many of the legends are t merely fiction, but are, quite possibly, true adventures.
- Author BiographyMauricio Obregon had a distinguished career as a scholar and sailor. He was a member of Harvard's Board of Overseers for six years. He retraced, under sail and by light plane, fourteen voyages of discovery, from the Argonauts to Magellan. He published a half dozen books, including The Caribbean As Columbus Saw It with coauthor Samuel Eliot Morison. He lived in Bogota, where he died in 1998.
- Author(s)Mauricio Obregon
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication21/03/2002
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Series TitleModern Library
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Out-of-print date03/10/2008
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight126 g
- Width133 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.