All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
- AU $11.65Trending at AU $17.14
About this product
- DescriptionIn frontier America, a man lives with a pregnant woman who is t his wife. When a stranger appears and advises him to register the baby as his own at a fabled military outpost, the man sets out on a lonely journey across an arid and hostile terrain. Soon after he departs, the stranger kills the woman before setting off in pursuit of the man. As their parallel journeys unfold, we learn of the man's childhood working with his father on a ship rife with cannibalism and their subsequent life in a port town; we watch the stranger as he assumes many guises to shape-shift his way through history in pursuit of the man, a pawn in his brutal game of rewriting the founding myths of the American West. Menacing, visceral and lyrical, Beyond the Horizon is an audacious debut: an astonishing sojourn into the darkest parts of Western lore that showcases a bold and ermous new talent in contemporary fiction.
- Author BiographyRyan Ireland was born and raised in Ohio. He lives in the village of Alpha with his wife and three children. He is a strong advocate for public libraries with work appearing in Public Library Quarterly and Voice of Youth Advocates. His writing has also been published in Fogdog Review, Seems, and Writing on the Edge. In 2009, he was recognized by Glimmer Train as one of the 25 Best New Writers. Beyond the Horizon is his first novel.
- Author(s)Ryan Ireland
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.