Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $39.23
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.22
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.04
- AU $10.87Trending at AU $13.45
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $34.58
About this product
- DescriptionMayim Bialik was the child star of the popular 1990s TV sitcom Blossom, but she definitely didn't follow the typical child-star trajectory. Instead, Mayim got her Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA, married her college sweetheart, and had two kids. Mayim then did what many new moms do-she read a lot of books, talked with other parents, and she soon started questioning a lot of the conventional wisdom she heard about the right way to raise a child. That's when she turned to attachment parenting, a philosophy and lifestyle popularized by well-kwn physicians like Dr. William Sears and Dr. Jay Gordon.To Mayim, attachment parenting's natural, child-led approach t only felt right emotionally, it made sense intellectually and instinctually. She found that when she followed her intuition and relaxed into her role as a mother instead of following some rigid parenting script, both she and her children thrived. Drawing on both her experience as a mother and her scientific background, Mayim explores the major tenets of attachment parenting, including: Co-sleeping: How to avoid sleep training and get a great night's sleep for the whole family. Breastfeeding: Learn how to listen to your baby's cues rather than sticking to a rigid schedule-and why people on airplanes love a nursing mother. Baby wearing: How to wear your baby in a sling or a wrap to develop a closer bond with your child-it's possible even for mamas with bad backs (and with big babies)! Gentle discipline: How to get your child to behave without yelling, threats, or time-outs-it really can be done. Mayim describes the beauty, simplicity, and purposefulness of attachment parenting, and how it has become the guiding principle for her family. Much more than a simple how-to parenting guide, Beyond the Sling shows us that the core principles underlying attachment parenting are universal and can be appreciated matter how you decide to raise your child.
- Author BiographyMayim Bialik is perhaps best known for her lead role as Blossom Russo in the early 1990s NBC television sitcom Blossom, and she currently stars on the top-rated comedy series The Big Bang Theory. Emily Durante has narrated the Midnight Twins trilogy by Jacquelyn Mitchard, Casting Off by Nicole R. Dickson, and Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypus, and directed the Earphones Award-winning performance of Heaven's Keep narrated by Buck Schirner.
- Author(s)Mayim Bialik
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication12/03/2012
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Emily Durante
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time510
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.