All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionNature writer Candice Andrews weaves together contemporary observations and historical reminisces in Beyond the Trees: Stories of Wisconsin Forests. Readers will journey to some of the most pristine and table places in the Upper Midwest Wisconsin s state andnational forests.The diversity of landscapes evoked in Beyond the Trees is matched only by the characters who inhabit them. Traverse the footsteps of Ojibwe hunters and early explorers in the remote woods of Brule River State Forest. Trek past the remains of bygone logging and CCC camps in the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest. Glimpse into the world of Great Lakes shipping in Point Beach State Forest. Walk on trails named after John Muir and Increase Lapham in the Kettle Moraine State Forest, and experience urban green space at Milwaukee s Havenwoods State Forest. From orchids to oak savanna, beaver to brook trout, and white-tailed deer to timber wolves, discover Wisconsin s wildlife and flora and fauna.Archival images, informative sidebars, locator maps, and contact information for Wisconsin state andnational forests round out this unique book.
- Author BiographyCandice Gaukel Andrews is a former screenwriter for Paramount Pictures and now specializes in nature and travel writing. Her other books include Great Wisconsin Winter Weekends, The Minnesota Almanac, Travel Wild Wisconsin, An Adventurous Natures: Tales from Natural Habitat Adventures. She lives in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin.
- Author(s)Candice Gaukel Andrews
- PublisherWisconsin Historical Society Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWisconsin Historical Society Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps, frontispiece
- Weight934 g
- Width203 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.